- John 19:1-3
- Then Pilate took Jesus and had him flogged.
- The soldiers twisted together a crown of thorns and put it on his head. They clothed him in a purple robe
- and went up to him again and again, saying, "Hail, king of the Jews!" And they struck him in the face.
- Later, knowing that all was now completed, and so that the Scripture would be fulfilled, Jesus said, I am thirsty.
- A jar of wine vinegar was there, so they soaked a sponge in it, put the sponge on a stalk of the hyssop plant, and lifted it to Jesus' lips.
- When he had received the drink, Jesus said, "It is finished." With that, he bowed his head and gave up his spirit.
- The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.
- "I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep.
- A large number of people followed him, including women who mourned and wailed for him.
- Taste and see that the LORD is good; blessed is the man who takes refuge in him.
- John 3:16
- "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
- "Come now, let us reason together," says the LORD. "Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they are red as crimson, they shall be like wool.
- John 3:1-3
- Now there was a man of the Pharisees named Nicodemus, a member of the Jewish ruling council.
- He came to Jesus at night and said, "Rabbi, we know you are a teacher who has come from God. For no one could perform the miraculous signs you are doing if God were not with him."
- In reply Jesus declared, "I tell you the truth, no one can see the kingdom of God unless he is born again."
- As evening approached, there came a rich man from Arimathea, named Joseph, who had himself become a disciple of Jesus.
- Going to Pilate, he asked for Jesus' body, and Pilate ordered that it be given to him.
- Joseph took the body, wrapped it in a clean linen cloth,
- and placed it in his own new tomb that he had cut out of the rock. He rolled a big stone in front of the entrance to the tomb and went away.
- "Take a guard," Pilate answered. "Go, make the tomb as secure as you know how."
- So they went and made the tomb secure by putting a seal on the stone and posting the guard.
John 16:20 and 22
- I tell you the truth, you will weep and mourn while the world rejoices. You will grieve, but your grief will turn to joy.
- So with you: Now is your time of grief, but I will see you again and you will rejoice, and no one will take away your joy.
- After the Sabbath, at dawn on the first day of the week, Mary Magdalene and the other Mary went to look at the tomb.
- There was a violent earthquake, for an angel of the Lord came down from heaven and, going to the tomb, rolled back the stone and sat on it.
- His appearance was like lightning, and his clothes were white as snow.
- The guards were so afraid of him that they shook and became like dead men.
- The angel said to the women, "Do not be afraid, for I know that you are looking for Jesus, who was crucified.
- He is not here; he has risen, just as he said. Come and see the place where he lay.
- Then go quickly and tell his disciples: `He has risen from the dead and is going ahead of you into Galilee. There you will see him.' Now I have told you."
- So the women hurried away from the tomb, afraid yet filled with joy, and ran to tell his disciples.
- Suddenly Jesus met them. "Greetings," he said. They came to him, clasped his feet and worshiped him.
The Holy Bible NIV Version
Jelly Bean Prayer
Read about Easter Week
Learn more - Easter verses
Created by www.FathersHands.com